BUSN 380 Project 1 Personal Budget Job
BUSN 380 Week 1 Problem Set 1
(Note: Some of these problems require the use of the time value of money tables in the Chapter 1 Appendix).
1.Ben Collins plans to buy a house for $65,000. If that real estate property is expected to increase in value 5...
BUSN 380 Week 2 Problem Set 2
1. Thomas Franklin arrived at the following tax information:
Gross salary, $46,660 +
Interest earnings, $225+
Dividend income, $80+
One personal exemption, $3,400-
Itemized deductions, $7,820-
Adjustments to income,...
BUSN 380 Week 3 Problem Set 3
1. Louise McIntyre’s monthly gross income is $2,000. Her employer withholds $400 in federal, state, and local income taxes and $160 in Social Security taxes per month. Louise contributes $80 per month for her IRA. Her...
BUSN 380 Week 4 Problem Set 4
1. Determining Profit or Loss from an Investment. Three years ago, you purchased 150 shares of IBM stock for $88 a share. Today, you sold your IBM stock for $103 a share. For this problem, ignore commissions that would be...
BUSN 380 Week 5 Problem Set 5
1.Tammy Monahan is considering the purchase of a home entertainment center. The product attributes and weights she plans to consider are:
Tammy rated the brands as...
BUSN 380 Week 6 Problem Set 6
1. For each of the following situations, what amount would the insurance company pay?
2. Beverly and Kyle Nelson currently insure their cars with separate companies paying $650 and $575 a year. If they insure both...
BUSN 380 Week 7 Problem Set 7
1. Calculating Net Asset Value. Given the information below, calculate the net asset value for the Boston Equity mutual fund.