ECET 105 Week 1 Homework Assignment
1. Does a typical computer have any analog outputs? If so, what are they?
2. List three advantages of digital signal representation as compared to their analog representation
3. Convert 126 x 10+2 to scientific and...
ECET 105 Week 1 Lab Introduction to Laboratory Test Equipment
The objectives of this lab are to practice utilizing scientific and engineering notations and to familiarize ourselves with our equipment that we will be using in this future...
ECET 105 Week 2 Homework Assignment
1. What is the duty cycle for a square wave signal that is HIGH for 15 nsec and LOW for 30 nsec?
2. A pulse train is shown on the oscilloscope below. Determine the period of the pulse.
3. Determine the frequency for...
ECET 105 Week 2 Lab Soldering Techniques and the Electronic Die Kit
To familiarize us with the techniques used in soldering and the safety and preparation standards associated with soldering.
ECET 105 Week 3 Homework Assignment
1. Determine the output X for the 2-input AND gate with the input waveforms shown
2. Determine the output X for the 2-input OR gate with the input waveforms shown
3. Determine the output X for the...
ECET 105 Week 3 Lab Introduction to Digital Logic Gates
To better understand basic logic functions of (AND, OR, and NOT) and their complements used in Boolean algebra and in Digital Logic Design. To test simple logic small scale integration...
ECET 105 Week 4 Homework Assignment
1. Draw a logic circuit that performs the following Boolean expression:
2. Determine the Boolean expression for the circuit shown below.
3. The Boolean expression for an AND gate is . Does the expression also...
ECET 105 Week 4 Lab Logic Circuit Design, Simplification, Simulation, and Verification
1. To design a digital circuit using a truth table and sum of product (SOP) formulation.
2. To use MultiSim program to Simplify, simulate and test the...
ECET 105 Week 5 Homework Assignment
1. Determine the decimal value of each of the following unsigned binary numbers:
2. Determine the decimal value of each of the following signed binary numbers displayed in the 2’s complement form:
ECET 105 Week 5 Lab Designing Adders and Subtractors
To familiarize ourselves with two items using the software bundle to design the circuits and to utilize the ESOC III board and successfully upload a logic to it.
ECET 105 Week 6 Homework Assignment
1. When a HIGH is on the output of the decoding circuit below, what is the binary code appearing on the inputs?
2. Write the Boolean equations for each of the following codes if an active-LOW decoder output is...
ECET 105 Week 6 Lab Decoders and Multiplexers
To further our knowledge of using the two simulation programs Quartus II and Multisim by designing schematics of a seven segment decoder
ECET 105 Week 7 Homework Assignment
1. Sketch the Q output for the waveforms shown. Assume that Q starts LOW
2. Sketch the Q output for the circuit shown below. Assume that Q starts LOW.
3. Sketch the Q output for the circuit shown...