ECET340 ALL HomeWork Assignments Week 1 – 7
ECET340 ALL iLabs
1. Give three examples each of internal and external peripheral devices as referenced to the HCS12 microcontroller and not an entire PC. (2 points)
2. Given “the requirements of each signal’s destination must match the...
To become familiar with Microcontroller MC9S12 parallel ports and how simple input and output devices are interfaced through them.
To learn how to program I/O instructions in C language.
To learn how to organize a program to read data from input...
1. Where does program control transfer to when an interrupt occurs? +2 points
2. Which one of the following Interrupts has highest priority? +2 points
3. RAM Vector table addresses $3E52 belongs to which interrupt? +2 points
4. Before exiting an ISR,...
ECET 340 Week 2 iLab 2
1. Sketch a circuit that can be used to debounce a pushbutton and explain how it works. (4 points max)
2. In Figure 7.32 on page 339 of the Huang textbook, if the row has and the columns are , which key is pressed? (2 points max)
SOLVED ECET340 iLAB3
To learn the basic operation of a keypad.
To understand how to interface a keypad to a microprocessor.
To learn how to program a keypad driver in C language.
To learn how to program a keypad activated interrupt...
1. Determine the conversion time for an ADC0804 (8-bit), where 66 clocks per bit are required, if its clock frequency is 50 kHz.
2. If an 8-bit SAR has Vref = 10 V, what is the binary value for an input voltage of 7.28 V?
3. What is the percent error...
To learn how to use A-to-D converters to digitize signals from analog input devices.
To learn how to write a C language program that samples the data from an analog device, digitizes it and formats it for output on an LCD.
1. Explain, briefly, why an analog restoring filter is sometimes used at the output of a DAC.
2. Given Iref = 2 mA for a DAC1408 IC, find Iout for the input 1110 1110
3. Find the number of discrete voltages output by a 12-bit DAC. Show work.4. Use the...
This week’s lab covers two areas, conversion of digital HCS12 signals to an analog format, and the use of a Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI) to transfer data, and commands between the HCS12, and the DAC...
1. What are the four main functions of the HC12 Timer unit?
2. Two input capture events occur at counts 0×1037 and 0xFF20 of the free-running counter. How many counts (in decimal) have transpired between these two events?
3. What is the maximum...
ECET 340 Week 6 iLab 6
1. The movable part of the solenoid is the: +2 points
2. Why is the 6N139 optoisolator used in the interfaces to devices such as large motors? +2 points
3. Calculate the number of steps per revolution for a stepper motor with a step angle of 7.5°...
ECET 340 Week 7 iLab 7