GSCM 434 Week 1 Assignment
1. Explain what is meant by the total cost approach to logistics.
2. Discuss the SCOR and GSCF models of supply chain management
3. Do you agree that supply chain collaboration can be classified as transactional, tactical...
GSCM 434 Week 2 Assignment
1. How have cost considerations influenced facility location decisions?
2. In what way is the location of customer markets a strategic consideration in facility location?
3. How does a raw material’s status as pure,...
GSCM 434 Week 3 Assignment
7.1: What is the relationship between demand management, order management, and customer service?
7.2: Discuss the three basic demand forecasting models.
7.19: Describe some of the key issues associated with measuring...
GSCM 434 Week 3 CaseStudy
1.Is this a customer service problem? Why or why not?
2.It appears that the factory distributors are exploiting the licensed retailers. Yet from what we can tell, Handy Andy in St. Louis has heard no complaints from the...
GSCM 434 Week 4 Assignment
Chapters 6 & 14
6-5: Name and describe the steps in the supplier selection and evaluation process.
6-13: What are some of the challenges of implementing a global sourcing strategy?
6-18: Discuss some of the ethical...
GSCM 434 Week 5 Assignment
2-5. What advances in telecommunications technology do you view as being most beneficial to logistics management? Why
2-10. Discuss the importance of timely and accurate information to a logistics information system.
GSCM 434 Week 6 Assignment
7-10. What is pick-to-light technology and how can it improve order picking?
7-18. How do characteristics such as substitutability and product life cycle stage influence the development of customer service goals and...
GSCM 434 Week 6 CaseStudy
Assume you are Vanderpool. Draft the comparison Pon just requested.
Which of the two routing alternatives would you recommend? Why?
GSCM 434 Week 7 Assignment
4-4. Describe the hierarchical and matrix organizational design.
4-10. Discuss the reasons why logisticians might be concerned with theft.
10-7. How does multiclient warehousing mix attributes of public and contract...