SCI 228 Week 2 Quiz Answers (2018) (DeVry)
1. (TCO 1) ________ is a highly branched arrangement of glucose molecules found in liver and skeletal muscle cells.
2. (TCO 1) A disaccharide is formed by the chemical bonding of:
3. (TCO 1) The term complex carbohydrates refers to:
4. (TCO 2) ________ is a technique employed by some endurance athletes to increase their storage of muscle glycogen.
5. (TCO 2) In the absence of a carbohydrate, ________ are produced from the incomplete breakdown of body fat.
6. (TCO 2) After a meal, which hormone is responsible for moving glucose into the body's cells?
7. (TCO 3) Which of the following is NOT characteristic of Type II diabetes?
8. (TCO 3) Sean is planning to bake a batch of chocolate chip cookies for his girlfriend. Which of the following artificial sweeteners would be the best substitute for the sugar in the recipe?
9. (TCO 3) Which of the following is TRUE regarding Type I diabetes?
10. (TCO 4) Which of the following ethnic groups has the LOWEST incidence of lactose intolerance?