STAT 200 Week 1 Homework
Week 1 Homework
1. Lane et al,pg 62 #3:
If you are told only that you scored in the 80th percentile, do you know from that description exactly how it was calculated? Explain.
2. Lane et al,pg 63 #10:
For the numbers 1, 2, 4,...
STAT 200 Week 2 Homework
1. Lane et al,pg 118 #7.
For the data from the 1977 Stat. and Biom 200 class for eye color, construct the following FOUR graphs:
A) Pie Chart
B) Horizontal Bar Chart
C) Vertical Bar Graph
STAT 200 Week 3 Homework
7. You flip a coin three times. (a) What is the probability of getting heads on only one of your flips? (b) What is the probability of getting heads on at least one flip?
25. You are to participate in an exam for which you had...
STAT 200 Week 4 Homework 6
8. Assume the speed of vehicles along a stretch of I-10 has an approximately normal distribution with a mean of 71 mph and a standard deviation of 8 mph. a. The current speed limit is 65 mph. What is the proportion of...
STAT 200 Week 6 Homework
Lane Chap. 11
18. You choose an alpha level of .01 and then analyze your data.
a. What is the probability that you will make a Type I error given that the null hypothesis is true?
b. What is the probability that you...
STAT 200 Week 7 Homework
Lane Chap. 14
2. The formula for a regression equation is Y’ = 2X + 9.
a. What would be the predicted score for a person scoring 6 on X?
b. If someone’s predicted score was 14, what was this person’s score...
STAT 200 Week 8 Homework
Lane Chap. 15
10. If an experiment is conducted with 5 conditions and 6 subjects in each condition, what are dfn and dfe?
17. The following data are from a hypothetical study on the effects of age and time on scores on a test...