Strayer ITB 305 Midterm Exam part 1&2 Answers
Follow the links below to see the product description:
ITB 305 Midterm Exam Part 1 (STRAYER)
1. Which expression does the author use to describe contemporary globalization?
2. Which of the following is NOT a view on globalization stressed by the author?
3. The pendulum view of globalization is embraced by:
4. ____ is/are measured as the sum of value added by resident firms, households, and government operating in an economy.
5. In order to better compare/contrast costs of living in the various environments GNP/GDP may be adjusted to:
6. How many individuals are employed by foreign-owned firms throughout the world?
7. In order to answer the question: "What determines the success and failures of firms around the globe?," the author introduces which two core perspectives?
8. The ____-based view suggests that in order to achieve remarkable success, a firm must possess some very rare and powerful firm-specific resources and capabilities that are the envy of their rivals around the globe.
9. What defines the field of global business more than anything else?
10. The government taking a "hands-off approach" is known as:
11. Political risk is associated with political changes that may negatively impact domestic and foreign firms. Which statement about political risk is correct?
12. A pure command economy is:
13. ____ are defined as "fundamental and comprehensive changes introduced to the formal and informal rules of the game that affect organizations as players."
14. More than 80 countries practice:
15. The world's largest democracy is:
16. ____ are exclusive legal rights of firms to use specific names, brands, and designs to differentiate their products from others.
17. The main supportive pillar(s) for informal institutions is/are:
18. A(n) ____ is a set of guidelines for helping a firm make ethical decisions:
19. You as a student studying this book are advised to invest in your career by doing the following except:
20. Which of the following is the largest religion in the world based on number of adherents?
21. Which of the following is the law enacted in 1977 that bans bribery to foreign officials?
22. An American firm operating in the Middle East struggles with enforcing rules against sexual discrimination against Muslim women working in its management. This is an example of:
23. Which of the following is a factor behind English being accepted as the global business language?
24. Which of the following countries can be defined as a high-context culture?
25. A term that seeks to find middle ground between cultural divergence and convergence is:
ITB 305 Midterm Exam Part 2 (STRAYER)
1. Turning over an organizational activity to an outside supplier that will perform it on behalf of the local firm is also called:
2. The point at which an industry-specific activity becomes common across industries and the need to keep it proprietary no longer exists is also called:
3. The combination of resources and assets that enables a firm to gain a competitive advantage is also called:
4. An examination as to whether a firm has the resources and capabilities to perform a particular activity in a manner superior to competitors is:
5. The difficulty of identifying the causal determinants of successful firm performance is also called
6. Turning over an organizational activity to a domestic firm is also called:
7. Which of the following is NOT an intangible asset?
8. Which of the following is NOT a tangible asset?
9. Which of the following are the four focal points of the resource-based view?
10. An economic theory that accounts for changes in the patterns of trade over time is known as
11. Which of the following is the first theory to incorporate dynamic changes in patterns of trade?
12. Which of the following is a classical theory?
13. Which of the following is a comparative advantage strength?
14. As a major tariff barrier, a(n) ____ is a tax imposed on imports.
15. The theory of absolute advantage is:
16. The idea that governments should actively protect domestic industries from imports and vigorously promote exports represents
17. Factor endowments, which refer to the natural and human resource repertoires, were noted by:
18. The amount of FDI moving in a given period in a certain direction is:
19. Between the 1950s and the early 1980s, the radical view was influential throughout:
20. What is a sovereign wealth fund?
21. A political view that approves FDI only when its benefit outweighs its costs is known as:
22. Since the 1980s, countries such as Brazil, China, Hungary, India, Ireland, and Russia have adopted:
23. Most countries practice
24. The share of FDI-based value added of foreign affiliates of MNEs in world GDP:
25. ____ suggests that FDI, unrestricted by government intervention, will enable countries to tap into their absolute or comparative advantage by specializing in the production of certain goods or services.