- (TCO 2) Leadership effectiveness depends upon _____ of leaders, _____ of followers, and the _____ of the situation.
- (TCO 2) Transformational leaders use _____ and _____ to raise the performance of followers.
- (TCO 2) Problems with ____, ____, and _____ are fertile fields for emotional instability that can reduce leadership effectiveness.
- (TCO 2) ____, ____, and _____ are traits found in charismatic leaders.
- (TCO 2) Successful leaders today function more as _____ and ____, and less as ______ and ____.
- (TCO 2) If you have _____ intelligence, you have the ability to deal with people; if you have musical-rhythmic intelligence, you appreciate _____ and ____.
- (TCO 2) Over time, the shift in emphasis for business success has been from _____ to ____.
- (TCO 2) Successful leaders today must master challenges such as _____ and ____, as well as traditional duties such as _____ and ____.
- (TCO 2) In the passage, "He Made Me Feel Important," Vince Lombardi influenced his players because of his:
- (TCO 2) Situational factors that influence the leadership process include:
- (TCO 5) The leadership philosophy behind quality improvement efforts is both ____, based on ____, and ____, concerned with ____.
- (TCO 2) Edwin Ghisselli's six traits for effective leadership include all but which of the following:
- (TCO 2) The cornerstone of Shackleton's leadership behavior included all but one of the following:
- (TCO 3) _____ was a famous leader who learned tremendous leadership skills from his wife, including the idea that most people will do what they choose to do, and no amount of coaxing or force can overcome an idea or principle that is personally believed.
- (TCO 3) Employee participation has been shown to have a _____ impact on business success.
- (TCO 5) Deming worked with the _____ and helped to rebuild their economy.
- (TCO 3) Good ways to be a servant leader include:
- (TCO 3) The quality of _____ is possessed by all truly great leaders:
- (TCO 5) An employee concerned primarily with the seniority system, insurance plan, and retirement policy is motivated by:
- (TCO 5) Maslow identified all of the following as characteristics of a self-actualized person except:
- (TCO 5) A company that promotes communication, employee relations, and the open-door policy would interest an applicant at the:
- (TCO 3) In the years since World War II, the American workplace has become more:
- (TCO 5) Characteristics of the self-fulfilled person include:
- (TCO 5) When survival needs are satisfied and a person feels fairly secure, the need to give and receive _____ normally emerges.
- (TCO 1) Daniel Goleman explains that although _____ are important for effective leadership, _____ is essential.
- (TCO 5) A satisfied need ____.
- (TCO 5) Leadership tips for a high morale workplace include:
- (TCO 5) If less than _______ percent of your job is enjoyable, there is a morale problem.
- (TCO 5) Participative leadership, which has been employed by many supervisors and managers to build employee morale and achieve high performance, has its roots in:
- (TCO 5) Unempowered is to empowered as:
- (TCO 5)
(1) Describe and explain, in your own words, the five principles of an empowered workplace as given by Robert Cole.
- (TCO 1,4)
(1) Please describe, in your own words, each of the three main styles of leadership paying close attention to how each relates to use of authority. (10 points)