- (TCO 3) Which of the statements about transition metals is true?
- (TCO 3) Silicon dioxide is a covalently bonded molecule. In this molecule, the number of electrons that silicon shares with the oxygen atoms is equal to the number of electrons
- (TCO 3) Which of the following bonds would you predict to be ionic?
- (TCO 3) Atom X forms a -1 anion. Atom Y forms a +2 cation. Which is the overall charge of the polyatomic ion X3Y?
- (TCO 3) Rhea has a balloon that contains 0.5 mole of helium. How many particles of helium are in the balloon?
- (TCO 3) When reactant X combines with reactant Y, 150 kcal of energy is released. This reaction is _____.
- (TCO 4) Robert is trying to mix hexane and water but is not successful. Why not?
- (TCO 4) Which of the following solutions would cause a red blood cell to shrink?
- (TCO 4) Which volume of 2.5% (m/v) NaCl can be prepared from 185 mL of a 8.0% NaCl solution?
- (TCO 4) DeShawn has made 0.250 L of a 3.0 M solution of BaSO4.
How many moles of BaSO4 are present?
(TCO 3) Magnesium reacts with phosphoric acid to produce magnesium phosphate and hydrogen gas. The equation for this chemical reaction is shown below.
Mg + H3PO4 ---> Mg3(PO4)2
•Classify the reaction as combination, decomposition, single replacement, or double replacement. (2 points)
•Is the equation balanced? If not, balance it. (4 points)
•If 2 moles of Mg reacted completely, how many moles of Mg3(PO4)2
would be produced? How many grams of Mg3(PO4)2
would be produced? (4 points)