- (TCO 5) _____ is a network-scanning technique used to identify which host IP addresses are operational. (Points : 5)
- (TCO 5) _____ create(s) noise that interferes with information being transmitted across unshielded copper cabling. (Points : 5)
- (TCO 5) _____ is used in Ethernet where some pairs of twisted-pair wires are crossed, when comparing the RJ-45 connectors on either end of the cable. These 10BASE-T and 100BASE-T cables connect the pair at pins 1 and 2 on each end to pins 3 and 6 on the other end. (Points : 5)
- (TCO 5) _____ is a general term referring to any energy signal on a transmission medium that is not part of the signal used to transmit data over that medium. (Points : 5)
- (TCO 5) _____ are a collection of data that establishes a reference for network performance and behavior over a period of time. (Points : 5)
- (TCO 5) The ______ provides a physical connection to the network (from the network end (Telco, ISP) of the user-to-network equipment), forwards traffic, and provides a clocking signal used to synchronize data transmission. (Points : 5)
- (TCO 5) The _______ command will bring up a router interface. (Points : 5)
- (TCO 5) A(n) _____ is an interference by magnetic signals caused by the flow of electricity. (Points : 5)
- (TCO 5) _____ are parameters used with a command from a set of predefined values. (Points : 5)
- (TCO 6) _____ Ethernet standard allows the transmission of data at 1,000,000,000 (one billion) bits per second. (Points : 5)
- (TCO 6) The _____ table is used by a switch to associate MAC addresses with the outgoing port and LAN bridge to make forwarding and filtering decisions. It is also called a CAM table when referred to on Cisco LAN switches. (Points : 5)
- (TCO 6) _____ refers to the time that occurs between when something is sent in a network and when it is received by another device. (Points : 5)
- (TCO 6) _____ is the process of forwarding frames in a switch or a bridge from one port to another port or from one segment to another segment on a network. (Points : 5)
- (TCO 2) _____ is a protocol used by the network-management software and networking devices to allow a network manager to monitor and troubleshoot network problems. (Points : 5)
- (TCO 2) A(n) _____ is a request for information. The request is answered with a reply. (Points : 5)
- (TCO 2) _____ is a 1-bit flag in the TCP header that is used to request from the higher layers an immediate delivery of the packet. (Points : 5)
- (TCO 2) _____ are the values between 1,024 and 49,151. These numbers are equivalent to well-known ports in concept, but they are specifically used for nonprivileged applications and user processes. (Points : 5)
- (TCO 2) Binary digit 11111111 is decimal number _____. (Points : 5)
- (TCO 2) _____ is a private-address block. (Points : 5)
- (TCO 3) The formula for calculating the number of hosts in a network is _____. (Points : 5)
- (TCO 3) The 8-bit _____ field describes the maximum hops the packet can take before it is considered lost or undeliverable. (Points : 5)
- (TCO 3) The _____ is a routing table entry used to direct packets for which a next hop is not explicitly listed in the routing table. (Points : 5)
- (TCO 3) _____ are protocols used between routers so that they can learn routes to add to their routing table. (Points : 5)
- (TCO 4) _____ is where a station can transmit and receive communication at the same time and there are no collisions with this Ethernet transmission. (Points : 5)
- (TCO 4) _____ is the term describing a device communicating at Layer 2 of the OSI Model. (Points : 5)
- (TCO 1) The _____ is the network that combines enterprise networks, individual users, and ISPs into a single, global IP network. (Points : 5)
- (TCO 1) _____ is a numbering system characterized by 1s (on) and 0s (off). (Points : 5)
- (TCO 1) A(n) _____ is a collection of computers, printers, routers, switches, and other devices that can communicate with each other over some transmission medium. (Points : 5)
- (TCO 1) A(an) _____ is a corporate system, such as a website, that is explicitly used by internal employees. (Points : 5)
- (TCO 7) The media standard maximum distance for 100BASE-TX cable is _____. (Points : 5)
- (TCO 7) _____ refers to the cables connecting the telecommunication room with the work area. (Points : 5)
- (TCO 7) _____ keeps cabling neat and easy to thread. (Points : 5)
(TCO 4) What are the two common LAN sublayers of the OSI Model Data Link Layer, and what network services do they provide?
Q : Given that you have the Class C network address 192.168.89.0 and that you have borrowed one bit, what is the maximum number of hosts per subnet?
Given a Class A network with the /21 prefix, determine the subnet mask in binary and in decimal. Then calculate the maximum number of hosts it can support
Q :Explain the 3 major modes of the Cisco IOS from top to bottom and the specific set of commands that are available when in that mode.
Q : Identify and describe how the TCP three-way handshake works to ensure data delivery.
Q : Explain the difference between throughput and bandwidth on a network.
Q : Describe three responsibilities of the Data Link Layer of the OSI Model
Q : Describe some of the advantages to using a switch on a network, name four. Looking at your list of advantages to using a switch on a network, why might you choose a switch over a hub on a network?
Q : Name the 6 fields of the 802.3 Ethernet frame and their function on the network. Include the maximum byte size of each field in your answer
Q : Identify and explain five criteria network administrators often consider in the process of choosing cable.