1. (TCO 6) The use of _____ teams composed of senior managers is prevalent in TQM organizations.
2. (TCO 6) The traditional approach to strategy deployment is which of the following?
3. (TCO 3) The criteria for the Canadian Awards for Excellence are most similar to which of the following?
4. (TCO 3) ISO 9001 provides specific requirements for _____.
5. (TCO 1) Which of the following is a criticism of the product-based definition of quality?
6. (TCO 1) During the Middle Ages, quality was built into the final product. This approach to quality was lost with the advent of _____.
7. (TCO 1) Until the start of the 1980s, most U.S. companies focused on maintaining quality levels by utilizing which of the following practices?
8. (TCO 2) Which of the following is not true?
9. (TCO 2) Services are generally _____ intensive, whereas manufacturing is more _____ intensive.
10. (TCO 2) Services differ from manufactured goods in which of the following ways?
11. (TCO 2) Systems thinking can be applied to the analysis of _____.
12. (TCO 3) Companies have utilized the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award mostly for the purpose of _____.
13. (TCO 5) According to Garvin's quality dimensions, which one of the following definitions does not match the associated dimension?
14. (TCO 5) Which of the following is not true about the American Customer Satisfaction Index?
15. (TCO 7) Deming argued that the performance-appraisal process was detrimental because it usually fails to account for _____ factors that affect individual performance.
16. (TCO 4) Deming claimed that higher levels of _____ lead to higher levels of _____.
17. (TCO 4) Which of the following represents a point of disagreement between Deming and Juran?
18. (TCO 8) The major difference between quality circles and project teams is which of the following?
1. (TCO 4) Deming's Profound Knowledge consists of four elements. Answer the following three parts relating to the psychology element of Deming's Profound Knowledge. Your discussion should reflect this element of Deming's Profound Knowledge and not psychology in general.
2. (TCO 1) Discuss how a fast-food restaurant could measure its quality effectiveness using each of the following definitions of quality; product-based, user-based, value-based, manufacturing-based.